domingo, 5 de junio de 2011

Poweful tips when Learning to Play Guitar

To learn to play guitar online is a fabulous experience and there are a few things to take into account when learning to play guitar, most of the time are obvious things, but these basic facts can make a huge difference when you start and a lot of people take them for granted. It is a fact that many beginners quit within the first 3 months because they feel frustrated, and I want to give you a heads up by giving you important tips on starting to play guitar.

There is a famous quote that I like a lot that says: “when the student is ready, the master appears”, well, I’m not here to tell you that I´m the master that knows it all, however based on my personal experience as a musician and as a music instructor I want to point out a couple of things that will be helpful on this journey of mastering the guitar.

I am going to start mentioning the three things that you need to do to master the guitar the easy and fun way:

1. Purchase your own guitar. This is very important because you are going to start creating a sense of responsibility; I’m saying this because if you decide to learn to play guitar with someone else’s guitar, you are not going to take it as seriously as if it was your own guitar, because it is not yours in the first place. So, the at the very beginning you need to get your own guitar.

2. Practice a lot. Now, this might seem pretty obvious, but the truth is that a lot of people do not succeed because they don´t plan ahead time to play guitar every day, specially the first couple of weeks, which is the time your hands need to get used to the fretboard and for you to feel comfortable with your guitar.

3. Buy Jamorama. For this point, I want to share with you my personal experience. When I was about thirteen years old a cousin of mine showed me how to play basic guitar, and that’s all I learned from him, so I spent almost eleven months playing the same songs because I did not have a course to follow. Then I stepped up to improve my skills, so I convinced my parents to pay for lessons, and those lessons were pretty expensive by the way, and I noticed how much I had been missing from the guitar.

That being said let me point out the main 3 things you need to avoid when learning guitar:

1. Starting to play with a damaged guitar. Try to find a nice guitar to learn to play, the reason this is a smart thing to do is because your hearing will get used to the sound of that instrument, and you could believe that the way you play it is the correct way it should sound.

2. Start playing with an electric guitar first. You will feel more pain on an electric guitar than if you start learning on an acoustic guitar. Playing an electric guitar could lead you to quit and that is exactly what we are trying to avoid.

3. Leaving your guitar in a dusty corner. It’s all right to skip one day of playing, we all have several things to do every day, but don’t make a habit out of this, because by doing this you’ll find yourself playing the same song, over and over again. I know that because it happened to me.

I encourage you to download an easy to follow course online and to practice as often as you can, you will find that playing guitar is a very cool hobby and relaxing too. I hope you find this article useful and I wish you the best. Good luck and happy learning.

1 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

Playing the guitar is fun and exciting. It is one of the most played instruments in the world. Playing the guitar enlivens you and saturate real music into your life. Learn guitar songs online to enrich your life in various ways. Guitar is an adaptable musical form that can be used to play all types of music. For the guitar learning the learn guitar online is the best blog I have ever seen on the internet. Thank you for this great blog for help me in guitar learning online

Publicar un comentario